A bit of history
The present building dates from 1888 and the front portion has been a public house since at least 1891 when an Emma Goldsmith is named as “Inn Keeper”. Her family had owned the address for the previous 50 years however, so it may be that the building was a public house even before the present building was there.
The property has been extended over the years and now encompasses two former cottages that were built with the original row in the 1850’s.
Changing hands many times the Kings Head became part of Enterprise Inns plc during the 1990’s but suffered a number of set backs, including closing all together at the turn of the century.
The pub is now operated by Winsor Ventures, a boutique pub management company who specialise in community pubs and locally sourced food offerings. Their other local pubs include The Foragers in Hove.